View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 09:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy My Story

I have many of the same symptoms as described here. I am a 31 Year old Male, Im in okay shape, maybe 25lbs over weight about 5'8. Been having issues with the symptoms , tingling, itching, twitching feelings in my left pectoral area, more or less to the top right of my heart. I have been in and out of the Emergency Room, 4 times in the last 5 months and to my family doctor 2 times, all with the results negative on anything to do with my heart.

I was diagnosed with Panic Disorder, that Im pretty sure I have because I do show all the symptoms that are witnessed during an episode, however, twitching feeling is not a normal feeling. I know that panic or anxiety attacks come on with no warning, but I feel like I am misdiagnosed, many times over because these feelings come and go for a few days to a matter of weeks I wont feel a thing.

Thinking it is something wrong with my heart only sets me off on a Panic attack, and not knowing if the different doctors are all brushing it off as panic attacks is very frustrating to me. I have had 3 EKG done, Blood work 4 times, And an Ultrasound done on my liver as they noticed I am Jaundiced as well.

Not too sure what they make of me, but generally I feel completely fine during the days I don't feel the fluttering in my chest. I eat healthy, no take out foods, no deep fried foods, not a soda drinker, no drugs, never smoked and so I am not a candidate for heart disease besides by being over weight a bit. Just plain scary sometimes to be laying still and feeling a twitch like your skin physically moves or your heart bumps a bit.

My Doctor thinks it is a muscle issue in myLeft Pectoral muscle that triggers my panic attakcs, and causes my heart to jump and cause me to go into a fit. I have been able to calm down these episodes greatly because I have been dealing with them for 12 years. However the twitching seems like a new thing.

Im planning to visit the doctor again this week and seeing what the chances are Im misdiagnosed with soemthing and with the hope I can have a heart catheter test done so I can really just be assured it is not my heart and it is only anxiety caused by this muscle issue. I must ad as well, I am not overly muscular, if anything Im weak.. I wonder if I worked on building muscle on my chest and arms if this issue will heal itsself.

Anyone have something like this more or less.. Thanks. Feel a lot better knowing others have issues as I am. Id love to chat to someone more about this. Add me.

-Keagen
Keagen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote