Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt1268 View Post
Gerry
I had 3 lsb (lumbar sympathetic blocks) 1 week apart in December and it relieved the majority of my symptoms. I still have burning in both feet a little swelling and pain is well controlled most days by pain patches. I feel that god has blessed me with the relief I have gotten. Oh yeah I have also been taken l-Arginine which is a vitamin. QUOTE=ger715;889577]Just wondering...do you still have this condition?

It looks very similiar to my stasis dermatatis, along with edema. I have had this condition shortly after having bladder surgery more than 3 years ago. The feet and ankle discoloration started with some form of lesion under the skin. It is raising up to the knees. That is supposedly as high as it goes. Makes the PN even more painful and do take meds daily to keep the edema down.

Gerry
[/QUOTE]

You are indeed very blessed these blocks were helpful. I can use the patches on my spine; but not on the legs or feet.

Yes, Stasis Dermatis is progressive. The lesions can come thru the skin because the skin on the feet and ankles is so thin. It has been extending to the knee. Does not go away. Edema is one of the problems as well. I take a couple of lasic daily to keep leg, feet and ankle swelling down. This all started after my bladder prolapsed. Surgery was done to put the bladder back in a sling. Unfortunately, there is a lot about mesh sling problems. Not sure if some of the complications are from this. The urologist just reminded me I was getting older when the edema started a week after surgery.( I don't think so. )

The prolapse was caused by forcing due to severe constipation (take daily laxatives) from Oxycontin and Oxycodone which I take daily as well. Had spinal fusion/laminectomy 5 1/2 years ago Still have quite a bit of pain, and PN, burning of feet, ankles and leg pain.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (09-09-2015)