View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 10:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks to those who responded to me and offered support, it is much appreciated. Having the awful day that I am having today, your support has really been uplifting. While I have not had any problems with my Medtronic SCS (other than the lack of coverage,) my Dr wants to switch to the St. Jude because of having four leads instead of three, giving me the chance for better coverage. Since he is having to take out the work done by the other Neurosurgeon and put in the new one with the different approach, why not aim for more coverage?

I go see him on Tuesday and will be scheduled for surgery on that very day so only time will tell how long we are talking, but I don't think it will be that long. If I am doing it, now is the time as I am a teacher and every year I run out of sick days because of all my medical problems so I will have time to recover while I am on summer vacation. I am excited about the prospect of better coverage (it can't get worse) but leery of the whole process as the last recovery was not an easy one.

I will keep you all posted on Tuesday!
zenonang is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (06-17-2012), Rrae (06-21-2012)