View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 04:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by parbie View Post
Hello fellow TOSers,

Ok, so based on my visit with him, I just did not believe he had enough experience specifically with neurogenic TOS and cervical rib resection (although I know the procedure is the same as first rib resection). I also just felt like, the entire time, I knew more about TOS than he did. His partners at NYU also seem to have a similar amount of experience as he does, although I can’t be sure if I don’t see them. And I honestly think it would be a waste of time as I am sure Dr. Riles would have referred me to the most experienced surgeon at his practice if he could, and it seems Dr. Adelman was his choice.

Tomorrow, I will be seeing Dr. Darren Schneider. I am hoping for better luck! Will post my experience with him next. He is the last of 2 surgeons here I would see. The other is Dr. Bush who is at the same hospital and might also work with him so I will find that out. Otherwise, my next step is going out of state, although I definitely plan to at least get a phone consult with a couple of the very experienced surgeons in Denver, Dallas, and LA.
Parbie,
All three surgeons in L.A. and Dr. Jordan all rely on the scalene block as the best test. The fact that you have cervical ribs is the most telling sign in your case and to be honest a more clear cut diagnosis than for instance mine as I have neuroenic TOS but no cervical ribs. I believe surgical ribs can only be removed superclavically according to many articles I have read,the big question is do you need a scalenectomy as well since they will be going in superclavically that is the only way they can do a full scalenctomy.If you felt like you know more than the dr. I would not go with them. I think you will have better luck with Dr. Scnneider, I think dr. Jordan mentioned him to me once. I have many articles from NCBI if you want me to send them to you I could look for the ones that talk abut Cervical Ribs.
I would need your e-mail address to send them as this site wont send the whole pdf.s good luck tomorrow! Let us know what happens.

Last edited by Jomar; 07-03-2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: req by poster
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote