View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 06:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Angie,

I've had 4 SCS revision surgeries. My first SCS was an ANS (now St. Jude) and it worked really well for me until the leads moved in my epidural space, and the stimulation covered the wrong place. I then decided since it worked so well to have revision number 1, my surgeon was concerned about SCS fitting in because I'm really petite, and because of scar tissue. He measured all the SCS on the market and decided to go with the smallest, which at that time was Medtronics.

Ever since day 1 I've had issues with my medtronics SCS. It wouldn't charge properly, so the battery would die and the stimulation was never right for me, felt nothing like the ANS stimulation that worked for me. Long story short, I kept trying to make it work and it didn't. It's been dead (battery issues) for 3 years now, and I'm just waiting until I need another surgery to have it ripped out.

Please don't get me wrong, I was happy with my SCS at first, but I would encourage you to really research whichever brand you go with to make sure they don't have a history of problems.

Wishing you lots of luck and pain free happiness!
Gingieyael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote