View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 06:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sorry about mis-spelling hydrochloride before... keying too fast and no time to proof well these days...

I'm wondering if you drink coffee? I drink coffee only on the weekends. Once in a while we have a long weekend and I'll drink it 4 days in a row. I'm still okay on the 2nd day but the 3rd day I start to feel 'down'... and by the 4th day I'm really struggling with my mood. I have not isolated whether it's actually the coffee or the sugar (it's about the only refined sugar I get through the week also as we use honey for anything else).

So I am curious as to whether others who struggle with mood are drinking coffee.

What I think is happening is that either my adrenals are being drained or my vitamin levels. I say this because I've found that since I've healed from my diet, the last year or so I haven't required daily vitamins. However, if I start to feel 'challenged' from my coffee intake, I have figured out that if I give myself a good dose of B50, zinc and magnesium, then I start to 'pull up' very quickly. It only seems to take a couple of days and then I'm fine.

I'm starting to play with taking the vitamins while drinking the coffee but don't have any results yet to speak of.

Now, I don't want people to think that I think coffee is a bad thing only. I like it on the weekends not just for enjoyment or a treat. I also feel that it helps to 'tidy' my system from any toxins that I may have built up during the week. Nothing scientific about it... just the fact that it seems to 'clean me out' if you know what I mean. And after reading about coffee enemas I think, why not put it in the top and clean out the tubes all the way down? I think the problem is that it cleans out everything and one needs to 'top it up' again re: vitamins, etc.

I do feel very strongly that a lot of my mood issues in the past had to do with malabsorption. So, seeing this type of correlation with too much coffee ingestion is not necessarily surprising to me.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote