View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 02:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Redness and burning in face seems to be gone

Ever since I had my TOS surgery(scalenectomy), which was almost 21 years ago now, I've had this redness and burning on the right side of my face and ear when I get a flare up. Sometimes, my right forearm would get the same redness and burning too. I was just thinking I haven't noticed this in quite a while now.

The joint mobility exercises must be helping something heal. I'm not sure what caused the burning, whether it was nerves, circulation, or what. That's the thing with TOS, it's hard to tell exactly what causes certain symptoms but I think it's a good sign. Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon.

I've been doing the joint mobility exercises for about 26 months now and the improvements have come gradually. When I had surgery 21 years ago, I had about three or four weeks of therapy after words and it was all the wrong kind of stuff. Aggressive stretching, weights, bands, etc. I'm still not doing any strengthening exercises, just trying to regain full range of motion in all of my joints.

I'm actually kind of surprised at the progress I've been able to make with the joint mobility exercises this many years later. I think a big part of my problems are tight muscles and adhesions. After this many years, I thought the damage was done and couldn't be reversed, but I may be wrong. It's just a very slow, painstaking process.
Coop42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote