View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 03:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default help rib removal in 1 week

hi iv came across this forum looking for some answers am due to get my first rib removed next week after nearly 2 years of recurent dvts on my left side under coller bone. i met with my surgeon briefly 4 weeks a go and told me i was the most un usaul case he has seen up here in scotland!uk, for what reason i dont know as i was only told that removing my rib would deff decrease my chances of more dvts, i also have athritis on my neck, am in constant pain the past 2 years have been such a worry,

am getting so nervouse about the opp was told they only do about 3 ayear by the nurse who done my pre opp n she was unable to answer questions, am a hairdresser and hope to go back to work but she was un able to tell me if could, i also have a 7 month baby boy, a 6 year old girl also a 12 year old

iv been on pain killers cocodomal, valium. sleeping tabs for so long now am scared that i wont be able to cope with the pain as my body has got so used to them,
also how long will i not be able to hold my baby for? iv got so many questions and worrys at the moment can anyone advise me as iv not been told very much on what to expect

many thanks sharon
sharon1975 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote