View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi T.Mart,

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner...

The swelling should have subsided by now. If this infection is from a lower wisdom tooth extraction and the swelling is on the inside of your mouth moreso than on the outside of the cheek, then do not wait, get help. Swelling in the lower jawbone can close the throat depending on where it is.

You may need IV antibiotics. Sometimes the infection has been there for awhile and needs to be treated more aggressively.

Please write back as soon as you can.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Mart View Post
I've gotten no replys on my previous post. Can you please give any advice. I'm not improving at all.

On Thursday I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth extracted. On Saturday everything felt fine, until that night, and by Monday morning the left side of my face was so swollen it was starting to shut my eye. I went back to the doctor and he re-opened my incision and flushed out the socket while pushing on the outside of my cheek (OMG, ouch! and I was even numb). He started me on 875 grams of Amoxicillian. The swelling has not gone down a bit, although the pain does feel better.
I'm just so worried that my throat is going to close up. Should I get a second opinion? Would going to the hospital to get the site drained be better, also getting an Antibiotic IV while I'm there?

Please help, Im worried that this could really get out of hand.

Thank You.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote