View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 04:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersickchik View Post
SOOOOO.....

I had my surgery last week on the 13th. All went very well, immediately after surgery in recovery i could tell that I was all better. My left hand is back! No real pain, just pulling and crazy pressure. I am only taking 800 milligrams of motrin for the pressure/pain. Have a hard time being on my feet for too long but that is getting better everyday. The only downfall.....

A little back ground for those who don't know my story, it was only my left side that was affected after a head on car crash. Key words being only my left side. After surgery my right hand pointer finger is now numb and has shooting sharp daggers when i try to use it....Does anyone know what this could be from: swelling from the surgery, the probes during surgery to ensure all my nerves were working, the IV?

When I went in for surgery my left was being fixed with NO symptoms on the right and now my left is fixed and my right is symptomatic. I go back for my follow up with Dr. Brown tomorrow and hopefully he can shed some light on this because I do not want to do another surgery.....
How long did you spend in the hospital post-op?

The new symptoms on the right side are baffling. I can only guess that maybe you have some cervical issue in addition to the TOS. I can't see how left side scalenectomy could affect the right side. I'm curious to hear what the Dr. says. Keep us updated!

ACDF C5-C6-C7 2/28/11

nospam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote