View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 06:41 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi, I had luck this way

Hi, and I sure don't blame you for being scared. It is scarry, and I wish there were something I could do for you. I did a bit more research. Google in " What is Myeloscopy', or 'what is Epiduroscopy'. I found out that very few physicians are doing this proceedure anymore. Several articles were about that. It is largely ineffective from what I read. Not much written about the pain factor either. If percocet does not work, Morphine does. I am on a low does, and use percocet for break though pain. I know that is a scarry drug too, but not if you really need it. I was on a very high dose before surgery, and it was lowered quite a bit until my current dose. I have no desire to up the medication at all! It is very hard to reduce this drug too. It all has to be carefully weighed, the pros, and cons of taking a med like this. I don't like being on these meds either, but I want a quality of life. I may again try to reduce the amount, as I found out RSD doesn't like narcotics. I am caught between a rock and a hard place too. None of your decisions are easy. Keep looking into that test. It was also stated because of poor results, that many insurance companies are not covering that test. You may want to check into that part too. take care, you are in my prayers. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (06-21-2012)