View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

As I mentioned on the other TM thread currently going, TM is very, very rare. There are about 1,500 cases dx every year in the US, which amounts to only an additional about 150 cases in Canada's population (less than 1,700 cases/year in all of North America).

If you look at those numbers over say 20 yrs, that's only something like 35,000 people have ever experienced it during that amount of time in history. And (as you mentioned) a good portion of those cases are quite severe, debilitating, leave a lot of disability, etc. Not too many of us interacting are on the forums ... I know that!

Some cases are caused by MS/NMO, and are therefore may be recurring ... but most people (fortunately) only every get one of these attacks (idiopathic, other diseases). If they are left very disabled, we seldom hear from them, and if they heal well they go on with their life. That's what I did the first time I had one and they predicted MS ... I went into denial instead.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (06-20-2012), Koala77 (07-04-2012), SallyC (06-19-2012)