View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 07:42 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

How am I with the rain/wind/flooding??
Well, we're not seeing any rowboats in my neck of the woods. But trees came down. Really scary stuff. But did it keep me in my house???

Are you kidding?? Yesterday morning, I went to Dunkin Dounuts for my breakfast. Ah, what a treat??? I don't eat anything fattening. Just a lowcarb bagel and an egg and their delicious cup of coffee. This is my respite from my anxieties. Works every time. Thank god I don't drink or I'd be in big trouble. I used to EAT but can't do that anymore. What on earth does a person do when their stressed and they can't EAT, DRINK OR DO DRUGS!!!

Well, I'll tell you. Last night the 80 year old guy from downstairs rings my bell and starts exclaiming (in italian mind you, no body speaks a word of english downstairs). Melodia IUTA ME.. which roughly translates to Help help. !!!

So I go downstairs and what do I see??? Their daughter ordered them Verizon dsl and there was the modem, the filters, the cables and these two 80 year italian people who look at me and I saw it in their eyes "can you hook us up". I burst out laughing.
So I installed everything, filters, cables, saw the steady green light on the modem, popped in the CD. clicked next next next (all the while these two little people are looking at me like I'm their Christmas Angel or something to that effect. The whole thing took 90 minutes.

YOu should have seen the expression on their faces when they got on the internet. Then I had to show him (in italian) how to do Verizon Email. He kept asking me "why isn't there a voice exclaiming "YOU'VE GOT MAIL".

I tried to explain that this was not AOL , this was Verizon and there would be no little voice. I never laughed so hard in my life. But it doesn't end there.
This morning (at 7:30 a.m) when I go out to get my paper off my front porch, who is standing there waiting for me to show my face was the little man from downstairs imploring me to "show me how to do email." He completely forgot what I showed him last night. I laughed and said "let me eat my breakfast first".

I'm going downstairs right now. Oh I bet I'm going to get a nice Chistmas present from these two next year!!! They're a hoot. Imagine, being 80 years old, getting a dsl line, not speaking a word of english. I think that's just aswesome!!!!

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote