Thread: new member
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 08:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Shocked new member

Hi everyone, I just posted in one of the other forums and introduced myself but now Im thinking I went to the wrong thing. Im really new at all of this and I mean everything ms, forums, computers, so I hope you will be patient with me.just a little background my name is april I live in ohio and I am a single mother of 3 teenage boys, I am 36yr. old and dx in Nov.2006 with ms.
to tell you a little about my dx. 6 months ago I went to my gp for a check up since I had'nt had one in a couple of years. while I was there I told him that I felt like I didnt have as much energy as I use to and sometimes my hands and feet were numb and tinggly.I honestly thought he was going to tell me I needed to eat better and take better care of my self. instead he wanted to do bloodwork and a mri w/wo contrast, 5 days later he called me at work and said he wanted me to see a neuro. because they found something on my mri. 3 weeks from the day of my check up I was sitting in the neuro. office and he told me I have multiple sclerosis, I feel like I have been in a world wind since. I understand that apparently I am very lucky I was dx. so quickly but I am still in shock and trying to understand everything.I am looking foward to talking with others. sorry for the long post.
have a great day!
april.
april 1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote