View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Traci,

You were not being pushy at all! I feel bad that I didn't see your post sooner.

I do not think it is a good sign that you can express pus from the surgical wound and for that reason, I would get a second opinion asap if it were me.

Bryanna

PS... thanks for posting us the update!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Mart View Post
Hi Bryanna!

Sorry if I sounded pushy. I didn't mean to, but thanks so much for getting back to me.

So it's been 6 days since the removal. I still have some swelling on the outer part of my jaw, with a hard part about the size of a fifty cent piece on the edge and just a little below the jaw. I am still numb in the chin and lip area.

I saw the OS yesterday and he thinks it's looking better, although, when I told him I can press on my cheek and make pus come out of the socket, I don't think he believed me.

I hoping the pus will go away with the antibiotics, and me manually expressing it then irrigating at home (is this ok to do?). I'm also hoping the feeling will come back soon and the swelling will go down so I don't look like a deranged chipmunk!

Do you think I should get a second opinion? I just wish my life would get back to normal, I need to go back to work and start being a good Mom, once again.

Thanks so much Bryanna,

Traci
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
T.Mart (06-20-2012)