View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 09:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Very Painful Infection trapped

Hi,
I'm a new poster, and I'm impressed by the level of professional involvement in this forum.
I had all my upper teeth capped with zirconium crowns. During the grinding process, one of my front inscisers became sensitive, and the root below the gumline became very tender. Here is the interesting part: For the past 2 years, I've had the sensation at the opening to my nostril directly above this tooth that there was something 'raw' in my sinuses or nasal passage, but I've never been able to find it. I've inserted Q tips into the lower part of my nostril fully expecting to find blood or pus. Never did.

Now that I finally had that tooth root canaled, it went absolutely crazy in the space above my tooth and when I gently tap on the bottom of my nostril, that former "sinus pain' is obviously the infected root apex of the tooth. The root canal procedure did not produce any drainage or blood at all. I'm on Amoxicillin, which had been prescribed to me 3 months ago to keep it in check, but which stupidly I didnt think to take before the procedure.
Now, 3 days after the root canal, I have a swelling under my nostrils that make it look wide open, and there is no drainage anywhere that I can tell. I've been in touch with my dentist, (who is great, but is a GP,) and expressed my concern that aside from exquisite pain, I am starting to feel systemically sick, and questioned if this can become blood sepsis. He said no, but my heart is beating pretty quickly, but have no fever.

Nontheless, I have an appointmeht to go there in 2 days to have it sealed up. I told him I was converned that there was no drainage, and that it would not heal, or worse. He said he planned to 'poke' through the apex of my tooth to try to initiate drainage, which seems like maybe a decent plan, but I'm thinking that this is a bad infection, which has probably been festering in the bone which I can feel by tapping the inside lower rim of my nostril. There is also now a big swollen area inside my lip at the top of the tooth.

Any thoughts about this? I want to save the tooth, but I want the infection out, once and for all.
azmanatheart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote