View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 10:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl626 View Post
If you do a search on the forum for it, I had asked the same question awhile back, and a couple of people told me it didnt work for them. If you find it,let me know where,I am still curious about it.I dont think it is too large an investment so why not? Edgelow is retired now so not sure how you find it.

The PT that I am doing on Marc's recommendation http://www.andoaston.com/home has REALLY helped me. It is Rib and joint mobilization and soft tissue mobilization. Have you checked into this place:
The TOS center of New Jersey. I found it online awhile back
http://www.tosnj.com/Index.html
The TOS center of New Jersey is unfortunately 2.5 hours from me . I called Edgelow's office and the receptionist told me to call 800-945-0302 Medical Dynamics to obtain the kit (haven't done so yet). I think I definitely should try either this or Jomar's recommendation on a mysofascial release expert for the next 4 weeks. The problem is, NYC has TONS of physical therapy places who claim to have some experience with these techniques and I have no idea who is good and who isn't. And I am just to the point that I can't shop around for a PT, as I only want to give this one more shot (3rd time) before moving forward with surgery. I feel that at the end of the day, PT may help some people especially if their symptoms are not as severe, but it also is a temporary relief. To basically get through every day, every week living with TOS means continued PT for probably years to come. I just don't have it in me anymore and have almost lost hope with any conservative treatment

How long have you been doing the PT with Ando and do you feel it is something you will have to continue to do to maintain your symptoms/pain?

Also, the link Jomar posted with the Edgelow videos shows rib mobilization and soft tissue release so I am guessing his therapy is similar to what you are doing right now and if it helps, more indication that maybe I should give it a shot. Dr. Schneider however recommended that I only do the posture and breathing exercises and start very slowly and not to do try to do the entire program because it will make me worse in his opinion.
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote