View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 08:04 AM
mike_johnson

mike_johnson

Thanks. I did check a few Canadian Online Pharmacies, but since their source is Sanofi US, Mytelase is listed as "not available".

Mytelase was never widely prescribed here. (I wish I knew why. It seems to be far superior to Mestinon.) Her Neurologist was not even aware of it when she asked about it. Her pharmacy has always had difficulty getting it.

From what I researched online, it appears Mytelase is discontinued in Australia, Germany and the US, but is still available from Sanofi France, Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland, Sweden and from Ifet in Greece. (I have no way to verify this nor do I know what Sanofi plans to do in the future.)

The FDA would allow us to purchase 90 day supplies for personal use from outside the US, but I have found no sellers that would provide it. (Still researching that possibility. Most "online pharmacies" only deal with popular and generic drugs.)

I discovered Mytelase a few years ago when Prostigmin lost it's FDA approval here in the US. (My housemate took Mestinon with Prostigmin at that time.) While Prostigmin is still available here, since it is no longer "FDA Approved" insurance won't pay for it. Researching the history of Prostigmin, I discovered that Mytelase was basically a better version of Prostigmin. It has definitely been good for my housemate.

We will make some calls today and I have plenty of e-mails out. I will report back as I learn more.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mytelase_Alliance (12-25-2012)