View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
People with TM have many various diseases though, and depending on the cause, the results will be different. For instance, someone with MS/TM will likely develop brain lesions eventually and have different kinds of attacks in the future; someone with NMO/TM have a more serious longer-term outcome; but someone with idiopathic TM is going to be in a different (one time) situation. Also, the damage we are left with is varying, no matter what caused it.

So it is often even difficult to compare notes on what we are likely to experience, especially over the longer run.

Cherie
Has NT changed the capability so that a person can't alter their posting after "X" long? I just realized I made an error in my prior posting and have corrected it above ... but it would have been nice to be able to correct the original posting too.

Hi Erika, and nice to hear from you. You are way up in Quesnel, eh?

Did you have a look at the other thread that is going on TM ... it's an old one that Lucylu resurrected recently? Lefthanded had mentioned he had stomach/intestinal/bowel issues (Ulcerative Colitis and/or Crohns), and I too have UC. Now you are mentioning it as well ...

Do you find that infections of any kind will set things off for you?

Has your neuro contemplated sending away for NMO testing out of Mayo. As I mentioned in the other thread, I opted out of the testing, since it won't change my approach anyway.

I had ON with the last two TM attacks, which kinda makes sense because the inflammation was in my upper C spine and brainstem. I have not had bi-lateral ON though, which is more indicative of NMO. Both of my severe TM attacks were reasonably typical and predictable, with numbness in most of my body as well as all the other fun symptoms.

Cherie