View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 05:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Has anyone experienced worsening of RSD from heat/summer?

Hi All!
I'm back; I was missing in action for a while. I did an 8 week intensive functional restoration program, and then continued the treatment at home for the last 5 months. I was actually off my sleep medication and sleeping better; although, nothing else had improved much. My function was very slightly improved; however, not enough for me to be able to take care of myself or work or run errands.
Then about a month ago, all the sudden my symptoms got a lot worse. I've had RSD for 4 years now and I just moved back to the Sac area. Before that I was in a cooler climate. I was wondering if anyone has seen their RSD flare up really bad with the summer heat? I currently am up all night and after 3 weeks of not sleeping, I went back on the sleep meds which gives me a couple hours of sleep here and there. I'm just so confused. I don't understand why the bad turnaround. The only thing that has changed is the heat. It has been 90 - 107 degrees here in Sacramento the last month. If anyone has experienced something similar, I would really like to know. Also, if you have a similar experience have you found anything that helps tolerate the heat? Besides moving of course since I can't afford that.
lovefamilypets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote