View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 06:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The A/C is what kills me in the summer...but I enjoy being outside in the warm weather. Unfortunately, since I went on clonidine patches I need to be VERY careful when I am in the heat. I get horrible headaches, dizziness, nausea, and my RSD symptoms get all wonky. Apparently, in the heat, the patches release more medication so instead of regulating the blood pressure it goes all wonky and thus my RSD symptoms flare. I'm not happy about that but the patches are still a must so I just have to be careful to balance my time outside with my time inside where it is cooler. Are you currently taking any meds that could have side effects with exposure to heat?

The other thing to consider is whether or not you are comfortable with the temps. Not just in your RSD areas but everywhere. I know there are times when the heat helps my RSD but it makes the rest of my sweaty and uncomfortable. When I'm miserable like that I have a hard time sleeping or getting comfortable. Lack of sleep stresses me out (both physically and emotionally) and then I get a flare usually.

Changes in the climate can be an issue too. It's not always just the temperatures but the humidity levels too. That could be causing some issues as well.

And unfortunately...RSD is just wacky so it could also be any number of other things that I can't think of right now. Did you move recently? The stress from that or even just from the therapy could also be messing with your system. Who knows? All just guesses on my part really based on my own experiences.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote