View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 11:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sounds that consistently made me dizzy: Buses & trucks idling, and My Bloody Valentines' 2nd album, Loveless. I met an audiologist, socially, and she said that some people with ear problems can experience dizziness with different sounds, and it can vary widely from person to person; for some people it could be the sound of a paper bag being crumbled, for others it could be anything loud. Sounds like Tullio... I'm not an expert on that. A neurologist told me that I'm not experiencing Tullio, but that doc earned no respect from me; partly because he's a **** and partly because he sent me to some clinical tests and then concluded that there's "nothing" wrong with me except depression, anxiety and hyper-vigilance.

sleeping a lot = depression
heightened startle response = anxiety
dizziness and headaches = hyper-vigilance

If not for my background with physical movement, I may have believed it. I also have first-hand experience with depression, so it's easy for me to distinguish the difference between sleeping excessively due to being absolutely exhausted all the time, and being depressed; the two are quite different.

You get dizzy from dark rooms, but you do ok in well lit rooms? That I've got no experience with. I got headaches and eye-pain from bright lights and I found dim/dark rooms much more comfortable; I suspect this was the visual parts of my brain just being overloaded...?

Since "the accident" the only meds that have been suggested are mild pain killers to help with headaches; which I've never taken.
imnotcrazy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote