View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 11:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ I've had a spinal cord stimulator implanted due to severe spinal pain. I had it implanted for 6 months. The stimulator works BEST if you have peripheral pain, i.e. pain in the legs (or arms, depending where they put the stimulator). It doesn't work well for JUST back pain. I had it for just 6 months because unfortunately I was too small, and the "generator" tried to work itself OUT of me. I just didn't have enough body fat to hold it in. So it had to be removed. It really didn't work as good as I had hoped tho. Most people that I've talked to online (which has been HUNDREDS) have had better luck with theirs than I did. So I imagine that you would have great luck!

The surgery is a cinch! I doesn't take long at all, and there's very LITTLE discomfort afterwards. I was up and about the same day, after just a couple of hours. The ONLY discomfort was where the "generator" was put in and that was MINOR pain. Where the leads were put in in the back wasn't sore at all, as I remember. You'll have lots of restrictions after the implant, while you're healing, so the leads don't move. Other than that, you can do what you want.

I encourage you do try it if you have lots of pain. I hope you have great luck too. PLEASE keep us posted on how you do, ok??? God bless & take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote