View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 06:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry to be slow in reply (I was unavailable yesterday)...and also vague with my response.

But there is really no easy answer to your question. Without having a diagnosis of the exact lung condition no one would be able to answer about treatment, it effectiveness, and/or stopping progression.

Asthma (even adult onset from AI disease) is treatable. Interstitial lung disease is different based upon BOTH severity and what is the underlining AI condition. Without more info, it's impossible to guess.

Let's reassess your question after you get more results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiopathic PN View Post
Particularly for echoes and en bloc, and those who are willing to share their insights :

My pulmonologist gave me several tests for autoimmune diseases.

As you know, my Sjorgren's, RA and Celiac/Gluten have been negative in my earlier tests for the PN. But, I have some symptoms for these conditions, though, it may not be conclusive. Example, for Sjorgren's - I have dry eyes but no dry mouth, for RA - I have nodules in my fingers and painful but findings was OA, for Celiac/Gluten - my result was negative, but I have neurological symptoms.

I still waiting for the results of the recent tests .

I am interested to know if the lung problem is autoimmune mediated, and treatment has been administered, is the the lung problem resolved (or at least stop the progression)?

Thank you.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote