View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 07:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

For what is is worth, Tricor did not affect my triglycerides any more than fish oil did. I was at 512 originally, doctor freaked out and put me on Tricor. This was about six months before I was diagnosed with PN. Pain levels and disability really escalated and my neurologist advised I stop taking it. It is toxic for CMT and a lot of neuropathies.

Tricor only brought my levels down to 350, fish oil, walking, and weight loss have been more effective, low carb, etc. levels staying around 300, but i have bigger issues with the CMT, so don't actually care too much. There is some evidence that sugar really imacts triglycerides, so I try to watch that, but I love sweets and fall off the wagon sometimes. GTT has been normal.

There is something called hereditary high triglycerides which seems to be benign, also there was a study linking high triglycerides to PN in a British medical journal some time ago.

Even though your husband doesn't have PN I would keep an eye on the Tricor side effects list. I think it can be a dangerous and not particularly effective drug.
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote