Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpy_road View Post
Hi,
I'm so happy that I found this site, this is great. It's going to take me a bit to look through all those articles. I was diagnosed with CMT type 2 a few years ago, I'd have to go through my paperwork to find the exact year.
I had my blood DNA tested at the UBC Faculty of Medicine, and had lots of tests done within a two day visit. My Mother has it too, but not as bad as I do, and my son who's 21yrs old now still won't have the test done. He has a 50/50 chance of having it but he's a little afraid to find out I think, no symptoms for him yet at least. Mine are getting worse every year, It's hard to type with one shakey finger due to my hand muscles not knowing how much to tighten up. I now have a wheelchair, a walker, and my cane to get around. I don't go out much any more.
I also have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome type 2 or 3, they can't make up their minds on that one, but my joints are'nt very stable, sometimes they can fall out of place with no warning, I have to be careful. Having CMT and EDS at the same time is not fun. It seems that any damage my body goes through, the pain sensations stay. I've had two minor knee surgeries, a couple of sprained ankels, and some arthritis, all still feeling like they just happened. The only pain meds I can take now is extra strength Tylenol, my body adaps quickly, It was hard to stop the narcotics, but It's been three years now. I also have major depression and anxiety issues. Too many other things to count as well. It's day to day,maybe I should have typed this somewhere else but I'm rather new to forums in general, and this took an hour to finish, I'm not to keen on starting over, oh well. Thanks again on all the new info, hope to talk with someone soon. Take care.
Thank you for your post. In regards to testing, especially someone with no symptoms, it is up to the individual. It really is a personal decision. In another post I have mentioned about trying to obtain insurance, etc. with something like CMT or arthritis or a number of other diseases. However, he should still learn everything that he can about CMT. Knowledge is power.

I wish you well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bumpy_road (06-22-2012)