View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 10:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Chat Vitamin D3

As the Moderator of the Swedish forum for CMT I've just this day managed to pass all tests to be a member, and I guess I've someting to add to the vitamin D3 discussion here: A friend of mine, a doctor in GP, told med to try megadoses of vitamin D3. So I made myself a lab-rat... In Sweden the Goverment of Health issues say that vitamin D3 in blood shold be 75 nano.mol/litre or higher. Several test have shown that especially YOUNG people have a rate of vitamin D3 that is around 20-30 nano.mol/litre blood - and that it causes danger to the body. I tested myself and had 126 nmol/L. But my friend told me that I had to upper my D3- intake (no I do not sun-bath, because we rarely have sun in Sweden...) to at least 200 nmol/L. So I now take (orally) vitamin D3 supplements to upper my D3 cencentration in my system. 2000 IE (International units) per day is a too small doses of intake, so I've been ordered by my friend to take 50000IE 2 times a week, and then a capsula of 50 000IE once a week - to perhaps do someting positive for my CMT! My whife takes 5000IE/day, for her artrithis and arthroses, - and who knows where we will end? For ME - I have no other options but to try. I have opium as a pain killer from my doctor in neurology, but nothing else. But if I should take what the government says it would be like maximum 400IE/day. As for now I'm ok, am beginning to feel my feet again, believing that the D3-vitamin had someting to do with it. No, not B6 - that is nothing for us with CMT! But D3 is not THAT dangerus for us, perhaps even someting that we benefit from in the long run...?

Sp - just my 2 cents from Sweden...! (Sorry for my bad English...)
Nils-Arne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote