View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 01:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Pain and Frustration

I completely agree with what LIT LOVE is saying about the meds. I myself am on lots of meds and they still sren't enough! The only thing that seems to help more than the rest are, unfortunately, my opiates. They are my life line.
However, I very much disagree with LIT LOVE about your rape comparison. I have thought very similar things at times. If this is how it made you feel...than NO ONE can tell you that that is inappropriate. It's hard not to have strong feelings about this...it is our LIVES after all. Much love and successful wishes from me to you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Are you taking more opiates than prescribed? If so, that's a problem. You may very well need to have a change in prescription to higher dosages, but that isn't something you can just arbitrarily decide for legal and medical reasons. If that means you need to make an emergency appointment with one or more of your docs, so be it. If you need to go to an ER, fine.

The last thing you need is a surgeon unfamiliar with RSD, but proceed with caution. He could cause you major problems.

Is he clueless? Yes. Even docs familiar with RSD cause pain on occassion when examining you. You may need to travel to a larger city to find a good RSD doc, or do more research to find someone in your area.

Regarding Lyrica, it may or may not help you. They're are lots of options to test out, and it's just one of many. Seeking out other non-opiate options is a good idea as well, because every little bit helps. Opiates are a reasonable option as well, but at the levels required to help with RSD, it does require a certain amount of trust between doc and patient. Expect to have to sign a contract about following dosages, and be prepared for urine testing.

I'm sorry you felt violated, but comparing this to rape seems inappropriate, in my opinion. You always have the right to ask for a nurse in the room during an exam, btw.

Good luck.
nalakity is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sandy Shores (06-23-2012)