View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 05:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default D3 again

'Thank's for your answer! And YES I KNOW (!) that there is no cure for CMT! That is what I'm telling the Swedes *edit*. But - - that is why I try to test almost everything that PERHAPS can get me some kind of reaction to my CMT... Even if gets worse I know what NOT to try anymore... But it SEEMS - that Vitamin D3 in megadoses have a positive effect on fx MS, ALS, heart conditions and so on. At least, if your levels in blood when it comes to vitamin D3 is too LOW ( in Sweden <75 nmol/L) you'll end up having a lot more than you can handle in the long run...
My friend the doctor told me that it was muslim women dressed in black ("burka" in Swedish) that gave our doctors a hint, because they got a lot of problems with their health due to lack of sun, that is due to lack of vitamin D3. So my friend told me to TRY, not more than that! She gave med capsulas after my blood exam - capsulas containing 50000IE (!) to take 3 times the first week then one capsula a week.
I have an advanced form of CMT2A, and I'm now "taken off duty" due to that. BUT - I have a little hope, that perhaps this will benefit me, because it SEEMS (this is controversial!) like MEGA-doses of vitamin D3 can (...) fix damaged nerves, as the body itself can, when it comes to fx stroke: New connections in the brain can minor the damage and make it - not perfect again, but much better!
Me myself I don't know what to think, because this all seems like well... But in MY life something positive is happening. And i hope the resurge(sp?) will tell me IF I'm wrong - or WHY it helps me like it seems to do... I'll keep you all posted on what is happening to me when I stuff myself with vitamin D3!
Once again, I apologize for my bad English... Swedish is ok, Danish and Norwegian too, even German, Hebrew and Greece (hä coinae dialektos), but we all have our weak spots...
*edit*
Just my 2 cents. hopefully I'll get a lot of responses!

Last edited by Chemar; 06-22-2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Guidelines on other forums
Nils-Arne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Susanne C. (06-23-2012)