View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 09:04 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Issues with sound (on youtube)

Okay, where to begin. This started the other day. I uploaded videos from my Flip camera to my Flip software. When I played them back, the audio sounded like it was underwater. I then went on youtube. MANY various videos. Sounded like underwater. So I did a system restore and everything went back to normal.

I also tested my speakers in the control panel. PERFECT. Left and right audio. I use headphones by the way. So for yesterday and last night, everything was perfect until Alan said to me 'Why can't I hear this game I'm playing (he was playing some poker thing on the internet when the sound cut out).

I immediately went to my youtube account, clicked on some of my videos and said 'There is nothing wrong with our sound card, listen". Everything was fine.

I then got a chance to go on the internet and I wanted to watch some video clips on youtube (not mine, other people).

Well, imagine my surprised when (no more underwater sounding sounds) but the audio was so LOW on some videos I said "who can watch these videos?"

I then checked my own videos on youtube and they played just fine.

See why I'm confused.

So just now I began playing various videos on youtube. Some had very low sound (like the one I'm going to show you), and others played loud and clear.

Take a look at this one for example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pker6csSAg

It opens up with loud music and then the audio goes low. Oh, you have to skip the advertisement first (which is so low I can't hear it). And my volume is turned way up. The music then begins to play loud but then when they are speaking, forget it.

Is this my imagination or does the same thing happen when any of you click on this video.

I would just like to know why SOME videos play perfectly (audio wise I mean) and others, well I can't hear.

Any input is appreciated. I don't think it's my sound card because I did the test in the sound part of my control panel and heard things perfectly.

Thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote