View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 09:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Catra, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone claiming Ketamine causing spread? Have you had an IV post RSD?

Sandy, Regarding acupuncture, I kind of have mixed feelings. I did try it several years ago. It did provide temporary relief, and the needles were not that big of a deal... You might want to consider accupressure, as well.

I don't believe you mentioned undergoing sympathetic blocks? That's usually the first procedure tried. If you're interested, I'll go into a lengthy explanation... I know not everyone is a fan, but I do believe they put some into remission if done within the 1st year (and the earlier, the more effective) and the technique and meds make a difference as well.
Until I asked and hunted around I had never heard of blocks causing spread either but never the less...it did for me. After it happened I did find individuals who experienced the same but it never came up in any of the research I did before because it is very rare. I did have an IV post RSD after the spread and it cause a MAJOR flare up in my arm and left me swollen to a ridiculous extent for over a week. There are lots of other risks with Ketamine too but I am concerned about ANY invasive procedures now after my experience with the blocks (even blood draws cause me some anxiety). The cost is also still a major issue for me even if it were something I wanted right now. I'm not ruling it out completely because in the future it might be the best option all things considered (risks and benefits)...but for right now I am happiest with the treatments I am currently doing.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote