View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 11:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default many thanks for the link

Thank you for the links. I went to the PM yesterday. He was vert interested in helping me which was quiter refreshing! He spent two hours with me reviewing all my symptoms, tests and doing an assessment. I was impressed with his compassion and caring....which is all too often missing from "patient care". He gave me a bunch of new meds...Lyrica, Cymbalta, a Ketamine cream, as well as presciptions for more opiates. He gave me ones without Tylenol to help save my liver and kidneys, but unfortunately as you mentioned, he didn't give me enough to last until my next appointment and in lower doses than I have been taking. It is a bad feeling to know you will run out of your meds and can do little about it other than an expensive trip to the ED.

I let him know of my desire to find alternative pain telief and he did discuss different types of blocks we can do. He has other RSD patients and expressed optimism for my case because we've identified it early. He gave me a lot of hope, which you all know I was looking for ....but I still have to figure out how I am going to survive for now without enough pain meds to last me. I don't understand why this is so hard...I told him what works, how much I take and when I'll be back to see him again...it's simple math!
Sandy Shores is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote