View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Pebble

I am a pain patient too. I have been on meds. for about 8 years, before and after spinal fusions, DDD, DJD, ankle trouble. Planning a day is hard. If I know I am going to be more active, I plan accordingly with my meds. I take
oxycodone, and one other. I am allow 4 per day, and never do this if I can help it. I will take one before I go to say a fairground or event of some kind, and then see how it is when I get home. On an add needed basis. There are no easy ways to deal with pain Pebble, just try to work your life in a way where you have quality of life, without being sleepy etc. It is a balancing act. I am blessed to have a good pain doctor who allows me some degree of being flexable. The ups and downs you experience can be leveled out a bit. Keep a pain journal, write down what makes the pain worse, times, duration, and any thing you can think of to help your doctor help you. I have a calander, where each day I write down pain levels and what meds I take. I do wish you all the best. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote