View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 06:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update

Hi,

I had a wisdom tooth extraction yesterday, but just one - the lower molar (#17, I think) with the cyst, as my OS felt that there were significant risks to my sinuses with the upper.

Anyhow, I've been trying to follow the post-op instruction as carefully as possible, but I recently attempted to eat a very small amount of plain oatmeal at room temperature and it's possible a very small bit of it traveled to my left side (i.e., the extraction area). However, I'm not sure if I should try and get it out, if indeed it still resides there, as that's presumably where a blood clot is hopefully forming. What I did instead was rinse very gently with Peridex (Chlorhexidine Gluconate, IIRC). However, very stupidly, I forgot not to spit it out - the spitting was gentle, but still, I now wonder if I've disturbed things.

Anyhow, as a result of the above I'm somewhat anxious to see if the socket is healing or not, but am also anxious to not screw things up further by feeling around with my fingers or even my tongue. Anyhow, any advice as to what precautions, if any, I should take at this point would be appreciated!

- John, who will stick to Ensure drinks for the weekend
NervousMess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote