View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 06:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Biofeedback systems vary but the application of electromagnetics to assess and optimize health is considered to be state of the art technology. Using electromagnetics integrated with a computer data base to do that is not all that new. It is very similar to what goes on with MRIs. For instance, in the case of MRIs, a particular computerized data base interprets electromagnetic resonance with respect to densities and produces an image that can be seen with the human eye according to the data received.

With respect to identifying Copaxone, it like everything else listed in the data base of the system has first been assessed using an electromagnetic oscillator. It is through that process that the electromagnetic frequency, cadence and band width of each data item is determined. That value of the item is then imparted onto a neutral carbon granule which is in turn placed into a vial along with hundreds of others that are similar to it. A small wire is then attached to the vial which ultimately leads to the computerized data base. The data base in the computer is loaded with written descriptions of each item. The one for Copaxone might say something like: "Copaxone; pharmaceutical used in the treatment of MS".
That is how a biofeedback practitioner would know that someone had taken Copaxone and that they had MS. It is also likely that the data item "MS" probably also showed up in the matrix (the complete listing of all data items); as that too has a known frequency and is in the data base.

Biofeedback practitioners use their own knowledge base to interpret and utilize the data and the biofeedback system. That knowledge base is variable and can be next to nothing all the way up to someone who specializes in a particular field of medicine such as the internist in the video or a veterinarian.
For instance, my own knowledge base and board registrations are in physical therapy and nutrition, so those are primarily what make up my scope of practice. The law says that I must remain within that scope, so while I might provide information or suggestions to patients with respect to other things that show up in the database, these would only be suggestions and not a formal recommendation. I suspect that it is so with the practitioner that has been mentioned. The supplements, therapy program etc are probably only suggestions, especially given the description of the practitioner's signage and these stated limitations are likely also found within the practitioner's 'Informed consent form" which is probably signed by all patients.

This is where things get a little sticky with respect to everything from required qualifications, training, licenses, and liability insurance. Biofeedback is a loosely self-regulated field and these things are in place to prevent someone from practicing in a regulated medical field without the board registration to do so. The AMA, CMA, FDA and Health Canada have all weighed in on biofeedback and unfortunately, none officially endorse it; and in some cases have caused its use to be outlawed all together. I think that is due to the objections coming from AMA and CMA members who feel threatened by it and most natural therapies.
What a shame.

With love, Erika
Erika is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote