View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 07:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Autonomic neuropathy?

I was diagnosed with idiopathic PN almost a year ago after a nerve conduction study. I mostly have had parastesia in hands, feet and face, but my symptoms can vary. The PN seems to focus on my left side. I have pain on the left side of my neck and shoulder and severe sciatica in my left leg sometimes. I have had a lot of tests done but I am still searching for what is causing this.

Anyway, I had been having left sided chest and shoulder pain for awhile sometimes with shortness of breath. About 2 weeks ago I experienced heart palpitations that were very alarming to me, so I went to see my PCP who then referred me to a cardiologist. I have seen the cardiologist and he has ordered a stress test and eco cardiogram? or something like that. I had the stress test done the other day and it showed palpations when standing from a seated position and when walking on the treadmill. I am still waiting for the eco test. I mentioned my PN to the cardiologist and he said they are unrelated. However, I keep thinking that maybe I am in the early stages of autonomic neuropathy.
lindsayjane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote