View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 08:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Righto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Yes, I had several extractions this year too. Oatmeal should not hurt. I would use no product other than light salt water to "gently rinse" area. You want that clot to stay in there. Sometimes the top of the area, can appear whitish, so it may not be oatmeal stuck in there. Try Jello, fruit nectar, broth, not hot foods. Rest and sleep alot. Try not to put your tongue into the area. That part drove me nuts as I wanted to do that. It will be OK, take the pain med. relax, keep in touch. Give it time to heal. NT will be here for you. Cool compresses help too with swelling. Try not to be afraid of bad results. It has just been a little while. I had more swelling the third day for some reason, and I just used some cool compresses again. Sleep and rest as much as possible. ginnie
Thank you for your reply - your mood reads "stressed", so I hope you feel better soon as well! Btw, the rinsing product I'm using was prescribed by my OS, so I will probably stick with it, but if it gives me trouble for some reason I'll likely switch to salt water. I'm still confused as to how much of the mouthwash should contact the actual extraction site. I'm trying to be careful, but if the point of it is to clean the area and prevent infections, I suppose I should let it do so?

Anyhow, thanks again for your response and best wishes,

- John
NervousMess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (06-24-2012)