View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi John,

So glad that you had that wisdom tooth removed...yay!!

Now about the oatmeal episode.... DO NOT try to remove anything from the surgical area. Small amounts of food debris is not a concern. Also, do not rinse with the peridex more than you are suppose to. Over rinsing can disturb the clot. Some oral surgeons prescribe peridex, others prefer warm salt water. Do as your oral surgeon prescribes unless the peridex causes irritation, then switch to salt water. Also, it is important to eat nutritiously, so definitely stick to soft healthy foods.... like oatmeal! Do not drink through a straw, just drink normal from a cup. Do not use any cold compresses or ice on the face after the first 24 hours as this could cause swelling as the blood pools in the area. However, warm moist compresses on the outside of that side of the face are soothing and can keep the blood flowing really well which can actually reduce swelling.

What did the surgeon say about the cyst? Are you in any pain?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by NervousMess View Post
Thank you for your reply - your mood reads "stressed", so I hope you feel better soon as well! Btw, the rinsing product I'm using was prescribed by my OS, so I will probably stick with it, but if it gives me trouble for some reason I'll likely switch to salt water. I'm still confused as to how much of the mouthwash should contact the actual extraction site. I'm trying to be careful, but if the point of it is to clean the area and prevent infections, I suppose I should let it do so?

Anyhow, thanks again for your response and best wishes,

- John
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (06-24-2012)