View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi John,

I'm glad that the surgeon is having the cyst biopsied. You will probably get the results at your post op appointment.

Talking is okay.... just go with your instincts on how much or how little to use your jaw. It's good that you are comfortable and if there is no need to take the pain meds, then don't. If within the next few days you develop sudden pain or a throbbing pain that requires meds to relieve it, then you should consult the surgeon. Otherwise, you may not have any further discomfort..... just some weird sensations as the area is healing.

Use the peridex as prescribed only. After about a week, you can rinse with warm salt water twice a day also.

Glad to hear you are doing well!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by NervousMess View Post
Thanks for your response, Bryanna, it's great to hear from you. The cyst has been taken for a biopsy to determine if it is liable to return. According to my OS, it normally does not, but apparently some types are more prone to a re-occurrence than others.

As far as pain, it's strange - I'm in practically no pain whatsoever today and am taking no pain medication. I was of course in quite definite pain yesterday, and eventually took some sort of codine-esque pill (Lortab) for that. Swelling is noticeable but mild. Could the nerves be numbed still?

Anyhow, my chief concern is, as ever, for the socket itself and will try to keep away from it as much as possible. Is talking a bad idea? The whole jaw stills feels a little funky and I'm a bit loath to exert it much just yet. Also, I guess I've gone overboard with the mouthwash - I've used it about three times today (maybe twice, I forget exactly), but my written post-op instructions are to use it twice a day - somehow I got confused by something else I was reading online which encouraged more frequent rinsing. I suppose this means I should avoid using it until tomorrow? Also, if it did mess up the clot, would/could I know by now either from A) the typical symptoms of ridiculously large amounts of pain, or B) visible signs of something amiss in the general area? And, if the latter, is there much point in having a professional examine it tomorrow?

In any event, thanks so much for your helpful advice and support.

Love,

- John
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (06-24-2012)