View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 07:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Shelly, just because you're on a narcotic medication does NOT mean you won't be alert! They don't put you on a dosage that makes you loopy. They make sure that you can still function. If it's too much, they'll reduce it. They can't put you on something that makes you a moron all day. LOL They want to reduce your pain, but they want to make sure you can still function too! So don't be afraid to try medication.

If you're really small/skinny, I'm afraid that the SCS will do the same thing to you as it did to me. It just wouldn't stay IN me. And that's pretty scary. I'd be sure to ask them about this. It is pretty heavy for the skin to hold, and if you don't have adequate fat content, it just won't stay put. You HAVE to ask them about the fat content in your body -- ask them if they think yours is enough to hold the SCS!!! Make sure they answer you to your satisfaction, and they don't give you an "iffy" answer!!

Your pain mgt. doc should have told you whether he thought you were physically able to have this, as he is the one who will be supervising your SCS visits. I'm surprised he didn't say something about this. Very curious. HMMMM

At your followup appt. with the pain mgt. doc on July 5th, make SURE you bring this up. You've got to find out before you have it put in, obviously! I wish you the very best. Keep us posted, ok? God bless and I'll be waiting to hear from you. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote