View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 10:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

There are those that are the closest to me that I feel I can be totally open and honest about the way I feel physically or generally what is going on in my life. They understand me. They don't judge me. They are totally accepting of me and who I am.

It's like 2 years ago I reconnected with someone from high school. She and I really didn't know each other well but she was someone I liked. So 39 years later we reconnected. Little did I know how much we would reconnect.

While we live thousands of miles apart, we are ever so close. She has become my best of friends. If I am hurting in the middle of the night or in tears from frustration, I can e-mail her and she will understand. I can't even tell you how many e-mails there have been and phone calls. We have developed this sacred bond between us and I can tell her my pains.

But can I tell this to everyone? NO. I may at times give an honest answer to someone who is a "friend" But I find I don't reveal the inner most feelings about the pain.

Those that I can share my pain with; my concerns; my frustrations with are yes the people on the board, Karen from my past. Yes I am in therapy to deal with my frustrations as well and the clergy from my temple.

But beyond that my answers may vary from person to person and the moment depending on whether I really feel like opening up. Really opening up I save for those that I trust and love the most.

And yes telling some people the truth about if something is wrong does alienate people. so you have to learn who to talk to and who to trust your inner most feelings to. And just be grateful when you found that support group.
pebblebeach2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote