View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 02:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark56 View Post
Thus it is so Holy a moment to witness when God brings change in a person. I, too, believe this is penultimate JOY!

Doc placed me on a stiff course of Decadron, then we agreed mutually I should take Vicodin, a mild approach to pain management until, AND ONLY UNTIL, Doc Sacha can bring the plan for relief to fruition after our consult next Thursday. He has arranged a CT Cervical Spine for early in the week to get this rolling, as neither he nor I wish to see a permanent nerve injury in this right arm.

Until then, life is more manageable with both the strong steroid and pain med in the system. We will work to find God's answer, and humbly take His presence as a JOY in our lives.

Stim still a Big Wow in the lower half of the body, and we are fast nearing my two year anniversary of its implant, 30 June!! We will have to gather at Pooh's for one great BBQ!!!!

Thank you to all for many prayers, and I am so glad to be receiving them!!
Humbly grateful,
Mark56
Praying for you Mark!!

Thanks so much to those who responded to my question about SCS "scarring-in"!! I feel more at ease now. I had so many questions regarding spinal cord stimulation but most have been answered in the many pages of this wonderful forum.

Last week was a whirl wind of doctor appointments ending with a long dicussion with my pain management doctor, "Dr. B".

Our dicussion started by his total understanding of my condition and laying out what he and my neurosurgen, "Dr Mac" had tried so far.

Earlier this year, after complaining with pain in my lower extremities, while undergoing injections and planning for radiofrequency for pain in my neck and arms, pain management did a lower exam and sent me for a lumbar mri.

The radiologists sent me right back over to Dr B and Dr Mac to discuss the results.

I was diagnosed with a intradural/Extramedullary Primary schannoma tumor at level L1-L2.

On March 31st, it was removed completely but the tumor had damaged a couple of nerves that it was attached to.

Later, scar tissue formed causing involvment of more nerves. I have back, butt and leg pain, numbness in toes, burning heels, and some bathroom problems.

Pain management tried blocks and sympathetic nerve blocks to no avail. My next step was to do a trial with the spinal cord stimulator.

About a month ago, I underwent a physiological evaluation and waited on approval from our insurance.

Last week began with a call from pain management. I will never forget that happy little voice on the other end that relayed the message.....

Approved!!!!!!!

My response....

Happy Dance!!!!!!!!

My SCS Trial begins tomorrow (Monday) and ends Thursday.

I am hoping that it will work as well as it has for most of you!!!!

Thanks again for this wonderful forum and the people that make it so!!!!!!
Dee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-28-2015), eva5667faliure (06-24-2012), ger715 (06-24-2012), JavaJan (06-30-2012), Mark56 (06-29-2012), Rrae (06-24-2012)