View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

When people are low.... and you are low... less than 400, then B12 is moved out of the serum into the CSF around the brain, and also stored in the liver. It will sometimes stimulate red cell production and this can lower serum potassium. Not in everyone but some. So make sure you are eating potassium rich foods.

I hope you are taking your oral B12 on an empty stomach, for best results. The methylcobalamin injections need to be refrigerated while stored also.

I am wondering how a young male was diagnosed with post partum depression?
Quote:
ive been dealing with is Irritability, apathy, sleepiness, paranoia, personality changes, depression (including post-partum depression), memory loss, dementia,......
I wouldn't go to that doctor anymore!

Here is a link to a medical page for you to give your unbelieving doctor: It is specifically written for doctors, but easy enough for most other people to understand as well. Seems your doctor needs some continuing education.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/2003/0301/p979.html

B12 is not a cure all for everything. In fact commonly people low in have insomnia, not the reverse. Many psychiatric symptoms may be due to some other reason.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (07-03-2012)