View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Laugh Dee!

That is WONDERFUL news! And you get to start the trial TOMORROW!!
This is very very exciting! Your doctor's are moving you right along and it sounds like they are working as a good team to see that you have this chance at better pain control.
SCS is notorious for helping lower extremity pain. I am one of the lucky ones who gets the stimulation to reach my lower back also and I hope this will be the case for YOU.

Remember, the MOST important thing about the trial procedure is good communication! Even tho you will be in a twilight daze from the anesthesia, you will still be able to think straight enough to tell him clearly where you feel the stimulation. Don't let them tape you up until they get it where it needs to be. The Rep will work with you as long as it takes.

Also remember that since this is only the trial, the leads won't be sutured in very well. They will put alot of tape on your back. When I got home, I secured the wires with tape to another part of my back in addition to what they had done so that if I caught the wires on something around the house, such as a doorknob (and you probably will! ), it wouldn't pull directly on the point of entrance. Lessens the chance of actually pulling the leads. make sense?

You'll no doubt be sore the first day or two, so don't let that frustrate your trial time, that's to be expected. By day 3 on, you'll enjoy playing with the settings. Be sure to take note of how well the stimulation is covering your original pain - that's what's really important. The settings can always be adjusted and changed.

Get a good nite rest and we'll anxiously be awaiting an update!!

Rae

Last edited by Rrae; 06-24-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dee (06-24-2012), DejaVu (07-28-2015), eva5667faliure (06-24-2012), ger715 (06-24-2012), Mark56 (06-29-2012)