View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Well, I found out WHY!!!!

We always use headphones (plugged into the front of the tower). Because Alan is slightly hard of hearing, we never use the same volume. So (and we've always used these), I had an inline volume control thing attached to the headphones. The headphones themselves did not come with a volume controller so this was the easiest way to raise or lower the volume (then we didn't have to go to the bottom right of the monitor and adjust the volume)

I have been using this inline volume control thing for YEARS. And all of a sudden it doesn't work with youtube movies or hulu??

Well, just now I unplugged the headphones, took off the inline control thing, plugged the headphones themselves directly to the headphone jack and guess what??

I CAN NOW HEAR EVERYTHING, EVEN MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS AND HULU.

SUCCESS!!! Ah, life is good.

So here's my query.

I am so used to using an inline control volume adjuster, does this mean I can never use one again? What about if I find a set of headphones that come with an inline volume thing built in? I used to be able to find these but not anymore. It was so easy for me to use this inline volume adjuster.

Hey, no big deal, I'll simply lower the volume manually when i sit and Alan can adjust it when he sits down at the computer.

THANK GOD.

And thank all of you for all the cool suggestions.

How silly. It was that stupid thing all the time. lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (06-24-2012)