View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 07:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My symptoms began as pain in the left arm (elbow down to hand, wrist, and fingers) then shortly included left leg (knee down to foot, ankle, and toes) then included the same symptoms on the right side, though the left remained more severe. I had both nerve and joint pain, with jolts and numbness going down arms and legs out various fingers or toes. It was such that at times I was walking like a robot, unable to to bend my legs or arms since it led to an increase in pain when I did so.

As time passed I also started getting facial pain, increased melancholia levels, bouts of dizziness and spaciness, and clouded thinking. Finally, I started experience waves of weakness and rapid fatiguing.

It took me two years to be officially diagnosed. Research showed that Lyme tests at most places have a very high false negative result. There were two places I was told that yield more reliable results. I can't remember both, but one of then was Stonybrook. I think the other was in California, but I'm not sure.

I did several high antibiotic regimens, as well as supplements such as Samento and Banderol, a special diet with a variety of supplements and antimicrobials, among other things. All helped quite a bit at first, but over time staying on one too long plateaued or stopped working and symptoms started returning.

I currently still have joint pain and some nerve pain, but am much more functional than I was 16 months ago when I finally was diagnosed and began treatment. I need to change treatments again soon though since the numbness is returning with a moderate increase in pain.

Hopefully some of this information proves useful to you. And if you would like any additional details on anything, let me know and I will try my best.
Traciodad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote