View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 11:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Laugh just connecting

Hello Dee my name is Lenora,
I have just joined NeuroTalk today. Because I saw your post about your new diagnoses. I will be 51 on this Friday. I was diagnosed with MG 2 years ago. I was found to have a thymoma requiring a thymonectomy. Before the surgery I received plasma exchange. I immediately felt better. Much so I when receiving the news about my tumor turned to surgeon and said Ok. So I will go home now and come back to the hospital and have thymonectomy at that time. And this was Monday morning. The thoracic surgeon sternly said No! you are scheduled for surgery on Wednesday. I have had plasma exchange one other time for a relax in symptoms following a medication change. Just dropped in to say hello and let you know there are others that understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee-Dee View Post
Hello,

I'm Dee. I'm 48 & newly dx'd with myasthenia gravis. I am being scheduled for a plasma exchange & thymectomy.

As anyone could guess, scared out of my wits.

I live alone with my daughter, aged 21 & our cat.

I am at my boyfriend's half the time. So I am not alone much, unless my daughter is in school or at work.

I am unable to work. Also have FM/CFS.

Very frustrated with my life, but still manage to have a few good laughs every day.

Looking for a little extra support here.

Thanks!!
lacashprod is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote