View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 12:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Are you taking other supplements or minerals?

I think you should be eating a good diet with high potassium foods. This might help.

Also you may need magnesium. When you are low in this, you can have muscle twitching and even cramping. Estimates are that about 70% of Americans are low in magnesium.

Foods high in magnesium are almonds, beans, yogurt, oatmeal.

B12 does not fix everything, you know ...
Thanks, MrsD. I can always count on you for a fast reply.

I have been eating some almonds here and there, also yogurt. I typcially have some oatmeal for breakfast every day. I have magnesium tablets as a supplement, too, but I don't take them as I don't like the drowsiness they give me. I eat a banana at least once a day, sometimes twice, as I'm scared of the possibility for hypokalemia that can happen with b12 repair.

I really don't know how I got like this and into this mess. About a year ago I felt relatively fine, now it's all going down the toilet somehow.

And I really should trust the doctor, huh? He's the expert. Sees MS and other conditions in patients all day long all the time. If he have even the slightest suspicion, he'd have ordered tests.

What is your opinion on trying the dibencozide? I noticed it increased my appetite a little yesterday - more than just mehtyl does (although the appetite has been slowly coming back, even if it is at a snail's pace). Why does B12 repair take so long and go so slowly? Is it because it involves the nervous system primarily, which is a slow system to heal/repair?

Thanks again for your knowledge and advice. I'll increase the yogurt, almonds, oatmeal, and bananas (oh and avocados too! high in potassium) and see if it helps at all.
julleri is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote