View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 01:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
You can certainly try the dibencozide. It can't hurt.

You can skip the methylB12 on the days you take the other.

V8 vegetable juice is also high in potassium. 800mg in 12oz.
Cantaloupe has 1400mg in 1/2 melon!
Thanks MrsD,

I will do that for a while then, see how I feel - alternate days, 5000mcg methylb12 one day, 3000mcg dibencozide the next day, so on and so forth. These are the two active forms of B12 our body uses/needs. No need for cyano or hydrxo (why do these even exist anymore?).

Question about methylfolate. Something I need? Every blood test I've had shows very high folate (probably masked my b12 deficiency for so long that I didn't know I had it). If it's high, do you think I'd need methylfolate at all? I see my dibencozide (from Country life) comes with folic acid (not much I don't think), but I know folic acid is different than methylfolate.

I no longer take my multivitamin due to the extra b6 and folic acid it has. This is what I currently take:

3 fish oil pills a day (omega 3s) at 1200mg/each pill
2 vitamin D pills a day (as D3) at 2000 IUs each - total of 4000 IUs a day
5000 mcg methylb12 a day
will incorporate the dibencozide everyother day and skip the methylb12 on days I take this.

Should be good for now. No more multivitamins, unless I could find a good multi that has no Bs in it... not sure I can find that.

Any thoughts on niacinamide as a natural anxiolytic? I've read that Valium was actually modeled after niacin as niacin (as niacinamide) has some natural anxiolytic affects. I also read too much niacinamide can cause liver problems, though, so you have to stay below like 2g or something.

Thanks!
julleri is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote