View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Exclamation amazing...

the supervisor for the drivers/delivery service came in at 3pm and we watched some of this ....didn't expect to at all.

I stole away for a minute or two every 15 minutes... and saw some.

I am amazed at the non aggressive nature of the eagles, both chicks and parents. Maybe these parents are used to this? This was done in 2006?

It was amusing to see the eaglets stand at attention, while the humans got up there.

I had a surprise tho while this was happening. This area where I was watching is between my work area and the computer center. One of the programmers (about in his late 40's) came out while we were oooohing and aaahhing about it all, and said "this is terrible, they should leave them alone. Terrible"... We looked at him like he was from another planet!
Here we have the eagles almost extinct from DDT exposure, and now coming back, and this nature center is trying to educate people, and ensure the most success for these chicks, and this guy is NEGATIVE? I was totally stunned.
He didn't even want to LEARN about this situation, and how the nature center had spent all the time and effort to bring the chicks in 2006 and now 2007 to maturity? I guess it takes all kinds!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote